Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s)
The Associate/Assistant Deans for Programs report to the Dean. The Dean may appoint Associate/Assistant Deans for Programs after consultation with the CAC and approval of the Provost. Associate/Assistant Deans for Programs hold full-time administrative appointments for the duration of the assignment. The Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) shall chair the appropriate Program Committee (PC) and have responsibility for the following functions:
- Is a member of the CEC.
- Represents the academic program at the Chairs and Directors Councils.
- Calls a meeting for program Faculty at least twice a semester.
- Establishes and chairs the appropriate Program Advisory Board(s).
- Is responsible for the recruitment and admission of students within their respective programs.
- Is responsible for credit transfer evaluation in consultation with Faculty of the appropriate program areas.
- Oversees the promotion and advancement of the program(s) for which he/she has oversight.
- Assists the Dean in monitoring the budgets of the programs, scholarships, and awards
- Is responsible for course scheduling and teaching assignment for Faculty, NTT, and part-time faculty with Dean’s approval.
- Is responsible for academic and professional advising of students.
- Is responsible for curriculum development and oversight.
- Ensures that the College’s Program Assessment and Review procedures are followed and that feedback is incorporated into each program curricula.
- Is responsible for accreditation preparation and visitation including annual reports.
- Consults annually with each Faculty member to identify and establish objectives for that Faculty member's development during the following year.
- Is responsible for annual review of staff, as designated by the Dean.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.