Graduate Coordinator(s) report to the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s). The Associate/Assistant Dean, in consultation with the CAC and the Graduate Committee and the approval of the Dean, shall appoint a tenured, graduate Faculty member as coordinator of graduate programs. In order to assure continuity, the coordinator is appointed for a minimum of two (2) years. At the discretion of the Dean, the Faculty member who is appointed as Graduate Coordinator may be assigned a workload equivalent which is less than 50% of the Faculty member’s workload per semester for the duration of the assignment. The Graduate Coordinator chairs the Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) and has responsibility for the following functions:
- Provides leadership for existing and new graduate programs.
- Is responsible for promotion, recruitment and admissions to the graduate programs.
- Assists the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) with course scheduling and curriculum development.
- Coordinates with the Director of the CUDC in maintaining the CUDC’s academic coursework.
- Assigns graduate assistant positions in coordination with the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s), Program Coordinators and in consultation with Faculty.
- Is responsible for academic and professional advising for graduate students.
- Is a member of the CEC.
- Is a member of the International Studies Committee.
- Represents the College on the Graduate Studies Academic Council (GSAC).
- Implements College/program assessment and review procedures (AQIP) in consultation with Associate Dean.
- Assists the Associate Dean in accreditation
- Develops University reports related to the graduate programs.
- Other duties assigned by the Dean or Associate/Assistant Dean(s).