The Graduate Studies Committee (GSC)
The GSC shall consist of at least five (5) voting graduate faculty members plus one (1) non-voting graduate student representative. Members are appointed by the Dean in the Fall semester for two-year, staggered terms which commence at the beginning of the subsequent Fall semester. A Faculty member from each graduate degree program should be appointed to the committee. The committee will also include the International Studies Coordinator, the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) and the Director of the CUDC.
- Advises the Graduate Coordinator on matters relating to the administration of the College’s graduate programs.
- Reviews and recommends candidates for graduate study and makes recommendations to the Graduate Coordinator.
- Reviews and recommends candidates for tuition waivers and assistantships.
- Develops and reviews new proposals for the graduate curricula and programs and works with the CCC to implement the new or revised curricula.
- Reviews credentials of Faculty members for appointment to graduate faculty status.
- Assists the Graduate Coordinator in writing and updating the Graduate Student Handbook.