Informal Procedure

Any Faculty member who believes that he/she may have a grievance is strongly encouraged, before initiating a formal grievance or appeal, to talk with the Associate Dean who is responsible for overseeing the Faculty member’s program or the Dean about any issue(s) of concern.  The Dean may seek the advice and recommendation of individual Faculty members or Faculty groups in seeking informal resolution of a dispute or complaint.
The College seeks to resolve all disputes informally, whenever possible, before the filing of a formal grievance.  A key to successful resolution of disputes is open communication.  The Dean shall make a reasonable effort to meet with the parties involved and reach an equitable resolution of the grievance in an informal manner.