International Studies Coordinator
The International Studies Coordinator reports to the Dean. The Dean appoints an International Studies Coordinator after consultation with the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) and the CAC. The Coordinator is appointed for at least a two–year term. At the discretion of the Dean, the Faculty member who is appointed as Coordinator may be assigned a workload equivalent which is less than 50% of the Faculty member’s load per semester for the duration of the assignment. The Coordinator shall chair the International Studies Committee and have responsibility for the following functions:
- Oversees the admission procedures and orientation for all College study abroad programs.
- Develops and reports budgets for undergraduate and graduate international programs to the Dean, the CEC, and the Office of International Affairs.
- Works closely with the Associate/Assistant Deans and coordinators of all College programs which participate in study abroad programs.
- Is responsible for implementation of international curricula in collaboration with the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s).
- Oversees and implements course scheduling and staffing in consultation with Program Coordinators and the Office of International Affairs.
- Supports the development of collaborative relationships with on- and off-campus programs.
- Reports to the CCC on international curricula.
- Is a member of the CEC.
- Is a member of the GSC.
- Is responsible for overseeing the return of all student work to the Kent campus.
- Assigns and coordinates Faculty reviewers for the College’s international undergraduate and graduate studios.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean and the Associate/Assistant Dean(s).