The research Coordinator reports to the Dean. The Dean may appoint a Research Coordinator from the graduate faculty, after consultation with the CAC. The Coordinator is appointed for at least a two-year term. At the discretion of the Dean, the Faculty member who serves as Coordinator may be assigned a workload equivalent of up to 25% of the Faculty member’s workload per semester for the duration of the assignment. The Research Coordinator shall chair the Research Committee (RC) and have responsibility for the following functions:
- Teaches in the graduate program.
- Provides support for Faculty research endeavors.
- Facilitates access to funded and non-funded research opportunities.
- Suggests curricula proposals supporting the research mission of the College.
- Fosters student research initiatives.
- Reviews and recommends research facilities and technologies.
- Acts as a liaison between the College and external funding organizations and industries.
- Acts as a liaison between the College and University research offices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.