The purpose of the College Advisory Committee is to fulfill the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement in relation to faculty participation in College governance and to advise the dean.
- The membership shall consist of all Kent and Regional campus CON tenured/tenure-track Faculty members, and three Kent campus FTNTT faculty members who are elected by the FTNTT faculty.
- Three FTNTT representatives will be elected for two-year terms from the FTNTT faculty. One member should be from a Regional Campus. One member shall be elected in the odd years and two members elected in the even years.
- The dean shall be an ex-officio non-voting member and, in accord with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, shall serve as presiding chairperson.
- Elect a convener from the T/TT faculty at the first meeting of the academic year to:
- Preside at meetings in the absence of the dean;
- Consult with the dean in preparation and distribution of agenda;
- Distribute minutes to CON faculty in a timely fashion as mandated by the CBA; and
- Prepare and submit a summary report of Committee’s actions during the academic year prior to the start of the next academic year.
- Act as an advisory and recommendatory body to the dean on academic budget, personnel and other matters as described by the CBA, including, but not limited to:
- issues concerning reappointment, tenure, promotion and dismissal of T/TT and FTNTT faculty;
- appointment of new faculty, including issues of rank and salary parameters;
- performance reviews of FTNTT faculty;
- allocation or re-allocation of faculty and academic staff positions including new and vacant positions;
- program development, restructuring, and/or discontinuance;
- establishment or modification of course and/or section enrollment caps;
- requests and recommendations relating to faculty salary increases and other salary adjustments, when and if applicable;
- unit-level planning and budget priorities, including review of requests for new funding and allocation of discretionary resources;
- selection and structure of committees, including search committees;
- issues related to teaching assignments and class schedules including appropriate application of workload equivalencies;
- Faculty professional improvement, research and other leaves;
- procedures for the establishment, review and revision of the academic unit’s section of the Faculty Handbook;
- issues related to the advising and retention of students;
- adherence to instructional standards; and
- fulfillment of class and other duties of T/TT and FTNTT faculty members.
- Discharge all responsibilities attributed to independent school/college advisory committees in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Elect a representative from the group to the Provost Advisory Committee.
- Appoint ad hoc committees of the faculty for assistance in carrying out its functions when necessary.
- Review and revise the Faculty Handbook in accordance with procedures specified in the CBA.
- Elect/appoint T/TT faculty members to College of Nursing Committees, and receive recommendations for FTNTT committee membership from CAC FTNTT representatives. All interested FTNTT will be placed on a FTNTT ballot.
- Maintain a record of faculty committee membership and terms of office.
- Meet 2 times/month during the academic year.
- A quorum, a simple majority of voting members (the majority of whom are T/TT faculty), is required for conducting committee business.
- Passage of a motion requires an affirmative vote of a simple majority of the members present and voting.