Appendix III: Model File Format for Faculty Excellence Awards
File Materials and Organization: Merit files should be submitted in a three ring binder using tabs. The dividers should be labeled: (1) Summary, (2) Teaching (3) Service, and (4) Research and/or Creative Activity. Use a second binder if necessary, but mark them Volume 1 of 2 and Volume 2 of 2.
* Merit Pay Submission Form (see Appendix IV).
* Certification of File Completeness (see Appendix IV).
* Current vitae
* Summary of activities (see Appendix IV) showing courses taught and all Departmental service activities receiving workload equivalency in every semester during the merit period.
* Summary letter/memo indicating why the faculty member believes he/she is meritorious for areas for which merit pay consideration is requested.
Scholarship of Teaching Section
* Copies of computer printouts and written student comments on student teaching evaluations for all semesters included in the merit period.
* Other teaching effectiveness evidence as available: course syllabi, course handouts/supplements developed, peer review evaluations, grade distributions, new course preparations, teaching awards, etc.
* List of activities and accomplishments (Department, College, University, Professional, and Community). Indicate officer positions held or other significant roles and indicate the time period, if less than the full merit period.
* Other supporting evidence as available: course syllabi, course handouts/supplements developed, peer review evaluations, grade distributions, new course preparations, teaching awards, etc.
Research and/or Creative Activity Section
* Completed forms (see Appendix IV) on Research and/or Creative Activity for the current merit period. Separate forms are included for (1) journal articles, (2) academic presentations, (3) professional presentations, and (4) all other research activities (books, monographs, book reviews, etc.).
* Copies of forms on Research and/or Creative Activity (Appendix IV) from the previous merit period.
* Copies of journal articles accepted during the current merit period. Include a copy of the actual published article if available. Include copies of written correspondence regarding acceptance of forthcoming articles.
* Copies of supporting documents for all other scholarly activities.