Faculty Grievance and Appeal Procedures

  1. Faculty Concerns and Appeals

    Concerns about matters other than those of a contractual nature (grievances) should be resolved, if at all possible, within the Department. Faculty members who feel that they are being treated unfairly or otherwise have concerns are encouraged first to consult with the Department Chairperson. If the matter cannot be resolved level through this consultation, faculty are encouraged to pursue resolution in order through the following channels:

    1. Department FAC
    2. Dean of the CBA and GSM
    3. Office of the Provost
    4. Office of the President
  2. Faculty Grievances and Appeals

    Operational procedures and regulations regarding faculty grievances and appeals are described in full detail in the University Register. The Collective Bargaining Agreement provides the details for grievances and appeals regarding contractual matters.