Authorization of Absences and Travel Policy

Faculty members who will be absent from campus for professional or personal reasons must file a Request for Absence Form with the Chairperson.  The request should be made at least one month prior to the planned absence and is subject to the approval of the Chairperson and the Dean of the College.  Arrangements for any classes to be missed during the absence must be satisfactory before approval can be granted.

Attendance at professional meetings is encouraged and travel expenses incurred in attending such meetings will be reimbursed according to the University's travel regulations and subject to the availability of Departmental funds.  In general, greater amounts of support will be granted to participants (i.e., those presenting a paper or chairing a session) than to faculty members simply attending professional meetings.  Faculty members may also apply for travel support to Research and Graduate Studies and the College of Arts and Sciences (UPR 3342-7-13).