The following items are seen as minimal expectations of any college instructor. For the most part they involve actions and procedures easily undertaken and readily assessable.
- Regular and reasonable office hours consistent with the university policy and the needs of students.
- Provision of syllabus including, but not limited to, the following:
- a statement on course objectives and expectations,
- a general calendar indicating the substance and sequence of the course and important dates and deadlines, and
- a clear statement of grading policy and grade weighting.
- office hours, including online office hours.
- Punctuality in starting/ending classes.
- Reasonable notification of and provision for faculty absence.
- Adequate notification of assignments, examinations, and changes in syllabus.
- Provision of reasonable make-up procedures for legitimately missed exams or other graded work.
- Evaluation of work with adequate and constructive comments written on the students' papers or orally to the whole class as is appropriate to the character of the test or assignment.
- Evaluation of work within a reasonable time frame that allows the student to benefit from the instructor's comments prior to the next assignment.