Appendix C - Library Services and Procedures
Current information regarding library services, hours, and policies for faculty at the Geauga Campus and the Regional Academic Center can be found on the library web site at http://www.kent.edu/geauga/library.
In addition to traditional library services, the Geauga Campus Library provides the following services to faculty at both of its campus locations:
1. Customized library instruction and academic support services for teaching, learning, and research;
2. Orientation of library services and online academic resources;
3. Use of the Geauga Campus library’s learning spaces for teaching, small group projects, and small group meetings;
4. Print and electronic course reserves to supplement instruction;
5. Acquisition of materials to support academic programs, teaching activities, and research;
6. Equipment loans for off-campus presentations (please contact library for more information)
7. Access to the Funding Information Network resources through the Cleveland Foundation for grants research;
8. Online teaching support (course library guides, Quality Matters support)
Use of Library Guidelines
The study rooms in the library are equipped with Smartboards for small group instruction, presentation practice, and tutoring. Instructors who wish to schedule a class session in the library must confirm the room’s availability through the front desk receptionist and also the Library Director.
Instructors should not send students into the library to take make-up exams unless the exam has been formally scheduled. Please adhere to the make-up test policy and process.