Responsibilities of the Assistant/Associate Dean
The Campus Assistant/Associate Dean is an administrative officer of the Campus and reports directly to and is accountable to the Dean.
Minimum qualifications of the Assistant/Associate Dean:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, Doctoral degree preferred;
- senior Faculty member rank;
- four to five years of experience teaching at the higher education level;
- knowledge of academic programs;
- skill with personal computer applications;
- experience with budgeting;
- experience and knowledge about strategic planning;
- skill in written and interpersonal communication;
- ability to provide leadership and direction.
The selection, review, and reappointment of the Assistant/Associate Dean are the responsibilities of the Vice President of Systems Integration, who consults with Dean and FC on such matters. The Assistant/Associate Dean is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring oversight of academic programs.
- Ensuring quality of instruction.
- Ensuring compliance with accrediting agencies and collaborating with academic department as it relates to accreditation reviews.
- Recruiting faculty, staffing faculty instructional assignments, and managing the master class schedule.
- Overseeing grants, marketing, diversity initiatives, student life, and assisting the Dean in developing an academic strategic plan to align with the University’s strategic goals.
- Overseeing Enrollment Management and Student Services, the library, and primary administration of the Regional Academic Center.
- Recruiting adjunct faculty in consultation with Campus Coordinators and/or senior Faculty in the discipline at the Campus and at the Department.
- Developing the course schedule and assigning faculty to teach courses in consultation with faculty.
- Developing and implementing new academic programs.
- Supervising grants and assisting the Dean in areas of budgeting.
- Researching local community needs for academic programs.
- Assisting the Dean in personnel management and campus operations.
- Providing faculty support as in orientation, evaluation, and professional development.
- Promoting good communication, professionalism, and morale within the Campus.
- Serving as Chief Administrative Officer of the Campus in the absence of the Dean.
- Teaching courses as assigned.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned or delegated by the Dean.