Faculty Sick Leave
The Chair is responsible for keeping complete records of faculty sick leave; however, faculty members are also required to submit the appropriate sick leave forms to the Chair. Sick leave forms should be completed and submitted to the Chair within forty-eight (48) hours after an absence. The university policy governing faculty sick leaves may be found in the University Policy Register, Section 3342-6-11.1. The university provides paid sick leave for the faculty for the following reasons:
- illness or injury of the employee or a member of the employee's immediate family;
- death of a member of the employee's immediate family
- medical, dental or optical examination or treatment of the employee or a member of the immediate family;
- when, through exposure to a contagious disease, either the health of the employee would be jeopardized or the employee's presence on the job would jeopardize the health of others; and
- disability due to pregnancy and/or childbirth and related conditions. Upon request, a pregnant employee shall be permitted to use any or all of the employee's accumulated sick leave credit only for the period of time that the employee is unable to work as a result of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. This period may include reasonable pre-delivery, delivery, and recovery time as certified by a licensed physician. An employee using sick leave credit shall not be prevented from receiving a leave of absence without pay for the remainder of the recovery period.