Dispute Resolution

Student academic complaints are governed by provisions provided by the University Policy Register (3342-5-16) and are adjudicated by the Department Chairperson, Department student grievance committee and student ombudsman as required. For grievances of a nonacademic nature, complaints are addressed in accordance with University Policy Register (3342-40), general nonacademic grievance procedure for students. The Chairperson may informally help to resolve disputes among Faculty and/or staff members. In those instances where a resolution is not found, the Chairperson may recommend intervention from an on-campus unit (e.g., faculty-staff assistance program). Should informal resolution procedures prove ineffective, disputes may be handled by the University Ethics Committee.