Procedures for Approvals to Teach College of Business Administration Courses
- Approval for any specific course, regardless of prior approval to teach College of Business Administration courses, will require the following:
- a full set of current credentials, particularly evidence of the person's ability to teach a course or courses intended,
- recent student evaluations,
- current academic and professional qualifications in the field, and
- recent letters of reference related to one's ability to teach the course(s).
Please see attached for a detailed list of qualifications for each department.
The Teaching Request/Assignment form must be attached to all applications.
- The Department will evaluate the request and have their decision within two weeks of receiving a complete application file.
- Upon approval for any specific course, the college will enter the instructor name, course, campus, and semester in our database.
- The instructor's campus will send to the Undergraduate Programs Office of the College of Business Administration, a copy of the syllabus (no later than two weeks prior to the start of classes) and student evaluations (as soon as possible after the completion of the semester.)
- If, upon evaluation of the materials in 4 above, potential problems are identified, the Department will work with the faculty member to aid in their development.
- If we do not have a satisfactory assessment of performance from items from 4, we will request Assistant Dean Sinclair-Colando to ensure that this instructor is not teaching this course again at any campus.