Faculty Load Equivalency Request
For Research/Professional Development
Kent State University – Salem Campus
Submit one copy your completed request and updated Curriculum Vitae to the Assistant Dean’s Office and one copy of the completed request and updated Curriculum Vitae to the Salem FC Chair. Deadlines for submission are listed in the Guidelines for Load Equivalency Request for Research/Professional Development.
Semester Requested: Fall 201_ Spring 201_
Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track
Assistant Professor, Tenured
Associate Professor, Tenured
Years at Rank: Department:
Eligibility for Load Equivalency:
1. Semester and Year of last Research/Professional Development Load Equivalency (RPDLE).
2. In the Semester requested, will you have other Non-Teaching Load Equivalencies or assignments that will affect the number of courses you teach at the Salem Campus?
If you answered yes to question 2, please indicate the type and number of hours of load equivalency or other assignments that you are scheduled to receive for the semester in question.
- Briefly describe the project you will undertake if granted this load equivalency.
- What are your goals for this project?
- How is this project important in your discipline?
- How will this project help you? (Tenure? Promotion? Certification? Professional Development?)
- How have you designed/scaled your project to ensure its completion within one semester? (Note: This proposed project can be part of a larger undertaking; the question here pertains specifically to the project covered by this request for load equivalency.)
Outcome Assessment: How will you measure the success of your project?