The following items are seen as minimal expectations of any college instructor. For the most part, they involve actions and procedures easily undertaken and readily assessable.
1. Regular and reasonable office hours consistent with University policy and the needs of students.
2. Provision of syllabus, including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) a statement on course objectives and expectations;
(b) a general calendar indicating the substance and sequence of the course and important dates and deadlines; and
(c) a clear statement of grading policy and grade weighting.
3. Punctuality in starting and ending classes.
4. Reasonable notification of and provision for faculty absence.
5. Adequate notification of assignments, examinations, changes in syllabus.
6. Provision of reasonable make-up procedures for legitimately missed exams or other graded work.
7. Evaluation of work with adequate and constructive comments written out for students or given orally to the whole class as is appropriate to the character of the assignment.
8. Evaluation of work within a reasonable time frame that allows the student to benefit from the instructor's comments prior to the next assignment.