Mission and Goals of the School
Our mission as educators, which includes but is not limited to, educating undergraduate and graduate students and providing continuing education while promoting and clarifying the role and philosophy of education. The emphasis is on providing programs of study which integrate theory, research, and application knowledge as a foundation for lifelong learning
A strong commitment to research means creating and maintaining a significant intellectual environment and achieving our broader commitments to the advancement of knowledge and service to the public.
Service to the University and to the general public unifies and clarifies the role of the School in the local community, in the State of Ohio, in the nation, and is valued within the School, the College and the University.
The primary goals of the School of Health Sciences are to:
- Support the University and College mission statements;
- Create an academic environment which promotes the intellectual and professional development of students and faculty;
- Develop and maintain a commitment to scholarly activity in research, graduate education, and undergraduate education which is commensurate with the goals and mission of Kent State University;
- Provide programs for all students which meet the comprehensive educational and technological demands of the disciplines represented in the School; these disciplines include athletic training, exercise physiology, health education and promotion, integrated health studies, nutrition, speech pathology, and audiology;
- Offer courses in cognate academic disciplines and professional fields which provide the necessary base for the career goals of students and faculty. Fundamental is the education of students to excel and provide leadership to their respective disciplines;
- Provide the public with service commensurate with the University.