Full time Tenure track faculty are required to advise and counsel undergraduate and graduate students on academic matters. Individual faculty members are responsible for providing academic counseling to undergraduate students assigned to them and to other undergraduate students who seek such advice, as needed.  Student advising at the graduate level is conducted by the student's "major professor," the Graduate Coordinator and the advisor of the student’s comprehensive (acting) or culminating (design and technical) project.