The Graduate Coordinator is appointed by the Director after consultation with the Graduate Studies Committee (hereinafter “GSC”) and the Graduate Faculty. The appointment is for a three (3) year term and is renewable. The Graduate Coordinator must be a full member of the Graduate Faculty holding the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. The Graduate Coordinator chairs the GSC and oversees the operation and development of the School's graduate programs. The Graduate Coordinator serves as the School liaison to the Graduate Studies. The duties of the Graduate Coordinator shall include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and coordinate admissions into the School's graduate programs.
- Facilitate, with the advice of the GSC, the awarding of graduate assistantships and teaching fellowships.
- Serve as School liaison to the College of the Arts, the Graduate College Council and the Graduate Studies.
- Conduct performance evaluations of graduate student teaching.
- Implement the current policies of the School's graduate programs and the current policies of the College of the Arts.
- Maintain and process graduate student records and inform students of their standing and progress toward degrees.
- Conduct reviews and make recommendations on Graduate Faculty status in consultation with the GSC.
- Facilitate changes and improvements in graduate curricula, requirements, and programs.
- Chair meetings of the GSC.
- Serve as advisor for the School's Graduate Student Forum.
- Approve individual investigations and special topics courses at the graduate level.