Coordinator of Graduate Studies
The Coordinator of Graduate Studies is appointed by the Director after consultation with the Graduate Faculty. The appointment is for a three (3) year term and is renewable. The Coordinator of Graduate Studies must be a full member of the Graduate Faculty holding the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. The Coordinator of Graduate Studies chairs the Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) and oversees the operation and development of the Department's graduate programs. The Coordinator of Graduate Studies serves as the School liaison to the Division of Research and Graduate Studies. The duties of the Coordinator of Graduate Studies shall include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and coordinating admissions into the School's graduate programs.
- Recommending to the Director, with the advice of the GSC, the awarding of graduate assistantships and teaching fellowships.
- Serving as School liaison to the College of Communication and Information, the Graduate College Council and the Division of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Reviewing performance evaluations of graduate student teaching.
- Implementing the current policies of the School's graduate programs and the current policies of the College.
- Maintaining and processing graduate student records and informing students of their standing and progress toward degrees.
- In consultation with the GSC and the School Director, facilitating the regular reviews and recommendations of Graduate Faculty Status.
- In consultation with the GSC and the School Director, initiating and coordinating changes and improvements in graduate curricula, requirements, and programs.
- Directing meetings of the GSC.
- Approving individual investigations and special topics courses at the graduate level.