The Graduate Studies Committee (GSC)
The Graduate Studies Committee shall include at least one (1) Graduate Faculty member elected from each graduate degree program in the School. The Graduate Coordinator shall serve as the Committee Chairperson.
The function of the Graduate Studies Committee is to periodically review the graduate programs and recommend curricular changes to the FAC and the Director of the School of Visual Communication Design. The duties of the GSC are as follows:
- Provide oversight and development of the School's graduate program;
- Monitor the progress and academic performance of graduate students in the School;
- Propose new graduate courses, changes in course content and related curricular matters, and conducts periodic reviews of the School's graduate program as a whole;
- Review all graduate student applications and recommend to the Director acceptance or non-acceptance, and
- Recommend the assignment of graduate assistantships. At the first meeting of the Graduate Faculty Committee, a Chairperson shall be elected by a majority of voting members.