Structure and Organization of the Kent State Stark Administration
The Dean is the chief administrative officer for Kent State Stark. The Dean has broad responsibilities for academic and administrative leadership, financial management, planning, personnel actions, student life, outreach to business and industry, facilities, and all other aspects of campus operations. The Dean is the University’s representative to the community. Other administrative officers at the Kent State Stark include:
2. Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, who is responsible for the academic schedule construction; academic staffing and orientation; and supervision of the library and faculty secretaries. The Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs also provides leadership in the planning and implementation of new curricular initiatives at the campus, and administrative support to the Dean for faculty evaluation, reappointment, tenure and promotion, and faculty development programs. The Office of Academic Affairs also oversees the College Credit Plus (CCP) program and manages the Global, Multicultural, and Outreach Initiatives.
3. Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management, who directs the delivery of a full range of services to prospective and current students including admissions, financial aid, registration, academic advising, student accessibility services, career services, fitness and wellness and student life. The Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management also aids in the planning and implementation of new enrollment-generating initiatives at the campus, participates in the development of the annual class schedule, assists in the orientation of new faculty, provides data in support of campus management decisions, and reports student body demographics to various internal and external constituencies.
4. Business Services Administrator Business Services Administrator, who plans, develops, and manages the business and financial operations; and oversees the maintenance and safety of the campus. The Business Services Administrator manages campus support operations including safety and security, housekeeping, building and grounds maintenance, construction, renovations, business office, mail room, and media services.
5. Director of External Affairs & Community Relations, who oversees external affairs and community relations at Kent State University at Stark, which includes marketing and public relations as well as The Corporate University, special events and other non-academic campus outreach functions, through a team of administrative, professional and support staff. Additionally, the Director is the liaison to the Dean’s Advisory Board and works with the Office of Governmental Affairs on local government issues.
6. Director of Advancement, who offers a variety of ways to financially support the projects and programs at Kent State University at Stark that are important to the campus, its student body and to the community it serves.
7. Kent State Stark has an Advisory Board, composed of area citizens whose responsibility is to express community needs and attitudes to the Dean and to communicate campus needs, university concerns, and messages to the public. The chairperson of the Advisory Board acts as the community liaison for the campus.
8. Organizational charts for the various divisions of the University may be found on the Kent State Stark Human Resources website; it is currently at: http://www.kent.edu/stark/human-resources