- The chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the organization.
- He/she shall appoint all members of standing committees and shall be an ex-officio member of each committee.
- He/she shall appoint ad hoc committees as needed.
- He/she shall call, chair, and set agendas for each Faculty Council meeting and shall distribute that agenda to the membership five days prior to the meeting. He/she shall recognize additions to the agenda during those five days.
- Additional duties of the chairperson include representing the interests of the Trumbull Campus at meetings of the RCFAC (Regional Campus Faculty Advisory Council), providing written notification to affected Faculty of RTP recommendations from the Trumbull Campus Personnel Action Committee, and informing Trumbull faculty of important regional and University-wide announcements.