Key objectives define the direction of Kent State University. Our strategic goals and principles are to:
- Focus on those we serve, especially our students;
- Advance innovation and excellence in teaching to support student success;
- Promote excellence in research and creative endeavors;
- Engage with the world beyond our campuses;
- Build and sustain relationships and economic development opportunities with our alumni, communities and businesses that foster success for them and for Ohio; and
- Secure our financial future through efficient management, increased levels of external funding and building a strong endowment.