Q: I want to participate in multiple study away programs. How many Pre-Approval Applications should I complete?
- One. You will be able to select multiple programs on the application.
Q. Is it possible to have a first and second choice program in case I don’t get into my first choice?
- On the Pre-Approval Application, you can select multiple programs you are interested in. It is possible to have more than one choice in case you do not get offered a space in one of the programs.
Q: I completed the Pre-Approval Application but I changed my mind and I want to participate in a different study away program. What should I do?
- Send an email to FSstudyaway@kent.edu with the subject line "Pre-Approval Application Change." In the body of the email please explain the change you would like to make.
Q. What if my application for study away is not approved?
- Usually, we are unable to admit students to their chosen program due to their student status or not meeting GPA requirements. For all study away fashion programs, students must be at a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA with all 20000 level FDM courses completed prior to attendance. We encourage you to apply again next year as this is a requirement for your graduation. We suggest you meet with your academic advisor prior to filling out the Pre-Approval Application to select the study away program that best suits your interests.
Q: The program I wanted is at full capacity. Can I be added to a waitlist?
- Yes, if you were accepted into a program and received a notification to complete a Commitment Contract or Application, follow the email instructions to complete the online form and send an email to FSstudyaway@kent.edu, stating that you would like to be added to the waitlist.
Q: Housing is included in my study away program. Can I room with my friends?
- We provide an opportunity to share your roommate preferences.
Q. Do I have to purchase flights on my own, or is that part of the program fee?
- Group flights are offered through the Florence program. For all other programs, students will be responsible for purchasing their airfare.
Q. My program requires me to get a Visa. How do I do this?
- If you need a Visa for your program, the Office of Global Education can assist you through this process. Visit their website to make an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor. We also encourage students to obtain a passport as soon as possible. Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website to get started.
Q: What advice would you give to students applying for competitive programs and scholarships?
- Maintain a high GPA, visit the writing center for essay writing assistance, and meet with a Career Advisor for a Resume Review.