Germany Reutlingen University
Discover Germany while studying at one of the country's leading universities when you participate in the School of Fashion's Reutlingen University Exchange Program!
Through the School of Fashion's Exchange Program with Reutlingen University, students will gain practical industry knowledge in an international setting while working with Reutlingen faculty who are experienced in Germany's leading textile companies. Reutlingen's facilities are home to cutting edge technical equipment and machinery, providing students with an invaluable hands-on learning experience.
SPRING 2021 PROGRAM DATES
March 8 - July 2
- Exact program dates vary, dependent upon Reutlingen University's academic calendar.
- Selective admission - only five students (maximum) are selected each spring semester.
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA. However, to be competitive, at least a 3.00 overall GPA is recommended.
- Successful completion of all sophomore (20000-level) fashion design or fashion merchandising courses prior to participating.
- Strongly recommended for fashion merchandising junior-level students only. Any participating senior-level fashion merchandising student or any fashion design student will have a delayed graduation.
- Consult your academic advisor to plan for your study away experience and ensure it corresponds with your academic goals and graduation plan.
- Students enroll in Reutlingen University courses and will need to complete a Transfer Course Plan Form with their academic advisor to have Reutlingen courses applied to their fashion degree at Kent State.
- Students are required to enroll in at least 12 credit hours.
- Junior-level merchandising courses and FDM elective courses are offered. However, course offerings may vary by semester.
- Courses available to exchange students are taught in English.
Students are able to reside in one of Reutlingen University's residence halls. All rooms are fully furnished and utilities are included in the rent fee. Internet access is available via the university network or an alternative network.
Program costs include, but are not limited to:
Owed to Kent State University:
|Kent State Tuition||
(in-state & out-of-state rates)
|Office of Global Education Exchange Program Fee||$250|
Out-of-pocket expenses (estimated):
|Office of Global Education Application Fee||$60|
|Housing (6 month contract required for on-campus housing)||
$800 security deposit
|German Health Insurance||$300|
|Student Visa/Residence Permit||$100|
|Reutlingen University Student Services Fee||$90|
|Reutlingen University Student Registration Fee||$110|
|Semester Bus (NALDO) Ticket||$100|
Study Away Pre-Approval Application: The online application is available September 15 - December 15, 2019.
Program Application: Eligible students will receive access to the online program application in January. Application deadline is February 1, 2020. All accepted applicants will be notified February 15, 2020.
- School of Fashion: www.kent.edu/fashion/study-away
- Reutlingen University: www.td.reutlingen-university.de/en/international-exchange-students/welcome
- Kent State Tuition Information: www.kent.edu/tuition
- Dr. Kim Hahn at FSstudyaway@kent.edu