Germany Study Tour
Learn about German culture, history, and the highly developed fashion industry when you participate in the Fashion School’s Germany Study Tour Program!
Germany is one of the leading economies of the world, having some of the top fashion schools in Europe. The Germany Study Tour program includes travel to Berlin, Dresden and Potsdam. Students will attend daily lectures by fashion leaders and visit new, innovative fashion-related industries. The Study Tour will also visit textile and design museum collections and learn retail and merchandising practices from larger department stores. Time will be spent discussing trends, design, merchandising and other aspects of the retail industry from pop-up shops to department stores.
SUMMER 2020 PROGRAM DATES
May 15 - May 27
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA.
- Open to fashion students (freshman-senior). However, priority will be given to junior or senior-level students.
- Consult your academic advisor to plan for your study away experience and ensure it corresponds with your academic goals and graduation plan.
- Students enroll in a 3-credit FDM elective course: FDM 45392 Germany Study Tour.
- During the first week of the course, students complete in-person classroom studies in Kent, Ohio. The last two weeks are spent traveling in Germany.
Program costs include, but are not limited to:
Owed to Kent State University:
|Kent State Tuition||
(in-state & out-of-state rates)
|International Health Insurance||$60|
|Program Fee||$3,200 (estimated)|
Program Fee Includes:
Out-of-pocket expenses (estimated):
|Housing for 1st week of class||Rates vary. On-campus housing is available.|
|Office of Global Education Application Fee||$60|
Study Away Pre-Approval Application: The online application is available September 15 - December 15, 2019.
Commitment Contract: Eligible students will receive access to the online Commitment Contract in early January. Submit your contract as soon as possible. Students are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Program Fee (nonrefundable/nontransferable):
|Summer 2020 Deposit||$1,500||DUE February 1, 2020|
- The Fashion School: www.kent.edu/fashion/study-away
- Kent State Tuition Information: www.kent.edu/tuition
- Prof. William Perrine at firstname.lastname@example.org