Tackle real-world projects and network with industry-leading professionals while studying in one of the greatest fashion capitals in the world, when you participate in the School of Fashion's London Program with Regent's University!
Throughout the academic year, you can earn Kent State University credits while taking courses at Regent's University in London. In the heart of the United Kingdom's vibrant capital, most courses take place on the main campus in Regent's Park, while specialized studio courses are , an 11-acre haven of private garden. A short walk away, specialized studio courses are offered on the nearby Marylebone campus. You will be close to the center of London and the city's famous theatres, galleries, museums, boutiques and cafés.
- 6-week programme: June 1 - July 9
- 6-week + Internship: June 1 - Aug. 20
- Induction Week: Sept. 20
- Classes: Sept. 27 - Dec. 17
- Exams start Jan. 10 - 21 (only for modules with January exams)
- Induction Week: Jan. 17
- Classes: Jan. 24 - April 29
- Exams: May 16 - 27 (if required)
*Dates are still provisional and subject to change.
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA.
- Successfully complete all sophomore (20000-level) fashion design or fashion merchandising courses prior to participating.
- Strongly recommended for junior-level students only. Any participating senior-level fashion merchandising student or senior-level design student will have a delayed graduation.
- Consult your academic advisor to plan for your study away experience and ensure it corresponds with your academic goals and graduation plan.
- You will enroll in Regent's University London courses and will need to complete a Transfer Course Plan Form with your academic advisor to have Regent's courses applied to your fashion degree at Kent State.
- During the summer, you are required to enroll in at least 6 credit hours.
- During the fall and spring semesters, you are required to enroll in at least 12 credit hours.
- Junior-level design and merchandising courses and FDM elective courses are available, however, course offerings may vary by semester.
You can choose between living in a single room, double room or triple room in Residence halls on the Regent's Park campus. Students living in on-campus housing receive a meal allowance (about $100/week) on their Student ID cards as part of their housing fees. This allowance can be used at any on-campus dining hall or café.
During the summer, you can apply to the Regent's Summer Fashion Program + Internship. Through this 12-week program, you are individually matched to an internship with a range of fashion businesses, from small boutiques to multinational companies. You will also complete two fashion courses instructed by industry-practitioners, while experiencing study trips to fashion venues and other sites in London. This program has extra costs and you are required to have a Tier 4 Visa.
Program costs include, but are not limited to:
Owed to Kent State University:
|Summer||Summer Internship||Fall and Spring|
|Regent's University Partnership Tuition*||$2,580||$8,800||$11,760|
|Regent's University Fashion Course Fee||$190/course||$190/course||$190/course|
|Office of Global Education Program Fee||$250||$250||$250|
|International Health Insurance||$75||$155||$200|
*Tuition and on-campus housing are based on current exchange rates and are subject to change.
Out-of-pocket expenses (estimated):
|Office of Global Education Application Fee||$60|
|Food||$800 - $2,400|
|Student Visa/Resident Permit||Short Term Visa $120|
|Student Visa/Resident Permit (Internships)||Tier-4 Visa $425|
|Personal/Miscellaneous Expenses||$500 - $1,200|
Study Away Pre-Approval Application: The online application is available Sep. 15 - Dec. 15, 2020.
Program Application: Students approved to apply for the London Program will receive a link to the Program Application in the same email as your Pre-Approval Application Status. The application deadline is February 15, 2021.