Los Angeles Study Tour
Connect with diverse modes of contemporary design practice and see design innovation as a creative, cultural force when you participate in the School of Fashion's Los Angeles Study Tour Program!
Los Angeles is a global design epicenter with a vital fashion industry. This Study Tour program provides a valuable opportunity for you to immerse yourself in the West Coast world of fashion and provides a comprehensive look at the fashion design and production process from initial concept to final product. You will tour fashion design studios, visit fashion production facilities and sustainable fashion companies, and meet with leading fashion designers, principles of creative agencies, internship coordinators and studio owners. There will also be tours of museums, galleries and cutting-edge architectural projects.
SUMMER 2021 PROGRAM DATES
May 24 - June 11
- Dates vary for Group #1 & #2
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA.
- Open to fashion students (freshman-senior). However, priority will be given to junior or senior-level students.
- Consult your academic advisor to plan for your study away experience and ensure it corresponds with your academic goals and graduation plan.
You will enroll in FDM 45392 LA Study Tour, a 3-credit FDM elective course.
Everyone enrolled in this program will be split into two groups to provide a more hands-on learning experience while on location in Los Angeles.
- May 24 - 28: Coursework at Kent State University for both Groups #1 and #2.
- May 31 - June 4: Group #1 on location in L.A. You will check into your hotel the evening of May 30 and check out the morning of June 5.
- June 7 - 11: Group #2 on location in L.A. You will check into your hotel the evening of June 6 and check out the morning of June 12.
Program costs include, but are not limited to:
Owed to Kent State University:
|Kent State Tuition||In-state & Out-of-state Cohort rates|
Program Fee Includes:
Out-of-pocket expenses (estimated):
|Housing for 1 week of class in Kent, Ohio||Rates vary. On-campus housing is available.|
|Transportation to/from airport||$100|
Study Away Pre-Approval Application: The online application is available Sep. 15 - Dec. 15, 2020.
Commitment Contract: Eligible students will receive access to the online Commitment Contract in early January. Submit your contract as soon as possible. Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Program Fee (nonrefundable/nontransferable):
|Summer 2020 Deposit||$100||DUE Feb. 15, 2021|
- Prof. Sue Yoder at email@example.com.