Los Angeles Study Tour
Connect with diverse modes of contemporary design practice and see design innovation as a creative, cultural force when you participate in the School of Fashion's Los Angeles Study Tour Program!
Los Angeles (LA) is a global design epicenter with a vital and burgeoning fashion industry. This course provides an invaluable opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the West Coast world of fashion and provides a comprehensive look at the fashion design and production process from initial concept to final product. Students will tour fashion design studios, visit fashion production facilities and sustainable fashion companies, and meet with leading fashion designers, principles of creative agencies, internship coordinators and studio owners. They will also visit museums, galleries and cutting-edge architectural projects.
SUMMER 2020 PROGRAM DATES
May 18 - June 5
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA.
- Open to fashion students (freshman-senior). However, priority will be given to junior or senior-level students.
- Consult your academic advisor to plan for your study away experience and ensure it corresponds with your academic goals and graduation plan.
Students enroll in a 3-credit FDM elective course: FDM 45392 LA Study Tour.
Students in this program are split into two groups to provide a more hands-on learning experience.
- May 18 - 22: Coursework at Kent State University (Groups #1 and #2)
- May 25 - 29: Group #1 on location in Los Angeles. (Students check into the hotel the evening of May 24 and check out the morning of May 30)
- June 1 - 5: Group #2 on location in Los Angeles. (Students check into the hotel the evening of May 31 and check out the morning of June 6)
Program costs include, but are not limited to:
Owed to Kent State University:
|Kent State Tuition||(in-state & out-of-state rates)|
Program Fee Includes:
Out-of-pocket expenses (estimated):
|Housing for 1 week of class in Kent, Ohio||Rates vary. On-campus housing is available.|
|Transportation to/from airport||$100|
Study Away Pre-Approval Application: The online application is available Sep. 15 - Dec. 15, 2019.
Commitment Contract: Eligible students will receive access to the online Commitment Contract in early January. Submit your contract as soon as possible. Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Program Fee (nonrefundable/nontransferable):
|Summer 2020 Deposit||$100||DUE Feb. 1, 2020|
- The School of Fashion: www.kent.edu/fashion/study-away
- Kent State Tuition Information: www.kent.edu/tuition
- Prof. Sue Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org.