Spring 2019 Faculty Achievements
The fashion School would like to congratulate the following faculty members on their recent achievements during the 2019 spring semester:
- Dr. Jihyun Kim – Promoted to full professor starting the fall 2019 semester and the new 2019-2020 graduate studies coordinator starting in fall 2019. Dr. Kim also Received the Kent State Award, Honorable Mention: Excellence in Faculty Mentoring.
- Vince Quevedo – Kent State Award, Honorable Mention: Excellence in Faculty Mentoring
- Kendra Lapolla – Promoted to associate professor and FSStore Faculty Director beginning fall 2019.
- Dr. Catherine Leslie – Nominated by Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for the sixth year in a row for her efforts to help make Kent State welcoming and accommodating for students with disabilities.
- Noel Polomo-Lovinski – IFFTI Initiative Award for her paper, “The Future of the Fashion Designer: Changing concepts of the Designer and Consumer Relationship in the Age of Sustainable Fashion.”
- Margarita Benitez – IFFTI Initiative Award for her piece, “skin D.E.E.P – digital ephemeral epidermal patterns.”
POSTED: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 2:37pm
UPDATED: Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 11:47pm