Paris American Academy
Kent State Fashion School/Paris American Academy Program:
2019 PROGRAM DATES
Summer 2019: June 29 - July 26
Design and merchandising majors of sophomore, junior or senior academic standing are eligible to apply for the Summer 2019 KSU/PAA Program. Participants must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA upon commitment to the program.
COURSE OFFERINGS AND REQUIREMENTS
Program provides 6 credits for FDM Electives or Support Core Electives for FD. Learning experiences include:
Fashion Merchandising and Communications Specialization:
- European Fashion Marketing, FDM 35902 (3 credits)
- European Fashion Marketing Seminar, FDM 35903 (3 credits)
Fashion Design majors choose from one of two Specializations: Design Process OR Couture Techniques.
Courses for both Specializations include:
- European Fashion Design Seminar, FDM 35905 (3 credits)
- European Fashion Design, FDM 35904 (3 credits)
- Tuition rates are determined by a student's in-state or out-of-state-status. Please refer to the Kent State tuition and fees schedule on the KSU Bursar's webpage.
- $1,500 Program Fee
Located within 1 mile of the school, in the Latin Quarter. Housing is arranged by the PAA. Students pay housing costs directly to the PAA. Housing options include:
- Shared, private furnished apartment: $2,400
- Shared, three-star hotel twin room: $3,400
- Single, three-star hotel single room: $5,800
You may also visit the Paris American Academy website, in reference to the summer program offerings, at http://parisamericanacademy.fr.
HOW TO ENROLL
Deadline to secure enrollment is February 1, 2017. Please download the program flyer for the Paris American Academy for instructions and further program details.
Students from other colleges and universities must be enrolled at KSU as a guest student. Guest students should consult their academic advisor from their home institution to determine how this experience will count toward their degree.
For instructions on how to apply and register as a guest student, please visit the KSU Admissions and Financial Aid webpage. Guest students may request a transcript to send to their home school via the KSU Registrar.
Through the generous support of the Bob Broadbent International Scholarship Fund, The Fashion School is pleased to offer one (1) $3,000, merit-based scholarship to apply towards the Paris American Academy (PAA)/Fashion School July program. Complete the Fashion School Scholarship Application to apply for the PAA scholarship.