To apply as a freshman, you need at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum ACT composite score of 21 or new SAT total of 1,060.
To join the program as a transfer applicant, you’ll need at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA based on 24 or more semester hours of coursework at an accredited college. If you don’t have 24 semester hours of work, you could join us as a freshman.
Study-Away Experience Requirement
A study-away or abroad experience is a key part of the program that you’ll need to undertake before you graduate. Most students study away during junior year. Before you participate, you’ll need a minimum 2.500 GPA.
Another essential part of our fashion degrees is an internship approved by the School. Most students complete an internship during junior or senior year, but you’re welcome to secure an internship at any time during your course.
To schedule an appointment for Industry and Internship Advising:
- Visit The School of Fashion website: www.kent.edu/fashion
- Scroll down and select “Schedule an Advising Appointment” link on the right
- Click “Schedule an Advising Appointment”
- Log into KSUAdvising using your Flashline login information
- Once logged in, you will be asked to select a group from a drop-down list
- To schedule an appointment with an Industry Liaison in The Fashion School, you need to select “The Fashion School – Internship and Industry Advising” as the group
- Once “The Fashion School – Internship and Industry Advising” is selected, click “Lookup Available Appointments”
- Follow the prompts to reach the calendar of available appointment dates and times
- From the calendar, click any available date (available dates are shown in black, unavailable dates are shown in gray)
- Select an available appointment time from the drop-down list (only available appointment times will be listed)
- Select an the name of whom you would like to meet with from the drop-down list
- Provide an appointment description: Please indicate if you would like your appointment to be via phone or Skype. You will also need to provide the phone number you wish to be reached at or your Skype information
- Click “Confirm Appointment”
- KSUAdvising will confirm your scheduled appointment and a confirmation email will be sent to your Kent State email address
If you have question or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our internship program, visit our Internship page