Alternative Spring Break Leader Application
Kent State Community Engaged Learning is looking for faculty who are passionate about their work and interested in engaging students outside of the classroom. Applications are now open for Alternative Spring Break faculty leaders.
Our Alternative Breaks include direct service, community engagement and reflection within a social justice framework. The purpose is to engage students in critical reflection and provide a larger context for society's complex problems and solutions so that students grow as engaged citizens dedicated to positive social change.
This year’s topics include:
- Strengthening Ohio Urban Communities (Youngstown, OH)
- Poverty & Policy (Washington, DC)
- The Environment, Fossil Fuels, & Appalachian Communities (Kermit, WV)
- Youth Empowerment: Education, Crime, & Communities (Chicago, IL)
- The LGBTQ+ Rights Movement (New York, NY)
- Rebuilding in an Unequal Society (New Orleans, LA)
- Rebuilding in Intercultural Communities (Houston, TX)
Please feel free to contact Lisa Morde, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-0954, for more information.