Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR)
The Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop is QM's flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online and hybrid courses. It is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and educational technologists who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review, as well as best practices in online and hybrid course design. There is no pre-requisite for this workshop, and lunch will be provided.
- Describe the underlying principles and foundational concepts of Quality Matters;
- Apply the QM RubricTM Sixth edition, to the review of a sample online course;
- Explain and apply the concept of alignment, as well as foundational best practices in the instructional design of online courses;
- Generate ideas for improvement of your own online or hybrid course;
- Explore the challenges of online course design and teaching as you collaborate and network with colleagues;
- Download and print a Certificate of Completion, and be eligible to continue QM professional development, if you so choose, to become a Certified Peer Reviewer.
Registration closes February 19th!