The Fifth Annual Neuroscience Symposium at Kent State University: Sex Differences in the Brain
This symposium features internationally renowned neuroscientists presenting leading-edge research on mechanisms underlying sex differences in the brain. Neuroscienceresearch at Kent State University is supported by over 35 faculty from numerous departments and disciplines. This event is free and open to the public. Continuing Medical Education (CMEs) will be available. Sign-up at the registration table. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are pending.
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Keynote Address: C. Sue Carter, PhD Executive Director, Kinsey Institute, Indiana University
Friday, April 7, 2017
Larry Cahill, PhD, CNLM, University of California, Irvine
C. Sue Carter, PhD, Kinsey Institute, Indiana University
Aaron Jasnow, PhD, Pschology, Kent State University
Eric Mintz, PhD, Biological Sciences, Kent State University
Tracey Shors, PhD, Psychology, Rutgers University
Geert de Vries, PhD, Neuroscience Institute, Georgia State University
Call for Poster Abstracts
Deadline for submission is midnight, Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Questions should be directed to Anne Krieger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts from any area of the Neurosciences are invited. The primary author will be notified by March 21, 2017, as to whether or not their abstract has been accepted. Complete the form below, making sure to enter in all required fields.
Guidelines for completing the abstract submission google form:
- All abstracts for the poster session must be submitted using this Google Form
- Submitted abstracts should be no longer than 5000 characters long (approximately 500 words)
- Abstract titles should be no more than 200 characters long (approximately 15 words)
- Use first and last names for the list of authors
- Affiliations, institution and department, should be included
- Include the primary author's email address
- Any grant funding information should be placed at the bottom of the abstract
- All abstracts must be written in English
Guidelines for accepted abstracts:
Due to space limitations, we will use 4' x 3' (w x h) poster boards, please ensure that your poster will fit the boards. Presenters are expected to present from 8:00 to 9:00 PM on Thursday, April 6th, and also on Friday, April 7th, from 3:00 to 4:00 PM, please set up your poster 30 minutes before the keynote address on Thursday, which starts at 7:00 PM. (Set up at 6:30 PM). If you find that you are no longer able to participate, please contact Anne Krieger at email@example.com.