Fuel Cells, Clean Energy, and Sustainability Publications
Dr. Du has authored/co-authored over 130 technical publications, including 40 peer reviewed and internationally circulated journal articles, 5 book chapters and 9 patents, in the key areas of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) design, material, fabrication, characterization and operation.
- D. Panthi, N. Hedayat, T. Woodson, B.J. Emley, Yanhai Du*, “Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Fabricated by a Novel Freeze Casting Method”, Doi: 10.1111/jace.16781, J. America Ceramic Society, 2019.
- X. Yang, J. Chen, D. Panthi, B. Niu, L. Lei, Z. Yuan, Yanhai Du, Y. Li, F. Chen, T. He, “Electron Doping of Sr2FeMoO6–δ as High Performance Anode Materials for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells”, J. Materials Chemistry A, 7, 733 –743, 2019.
- N. Hedayat, D. Panthi, Yanhai Du*, “Inert Substrate-Supported Microtubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Based on Highly Porous Ceramic by Low-Temperature Co-Sintering”, Ceramics Inter
national, 45, 579-587, 2019.
- D. Panthi, N. Hedayat, Yanhai Du*, “Densification Behavior of Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Powders for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Electrolytes”, Journal of Advanced Ceramics, 7(4): 325–335, 2018.
- XinYang, Jincheng Liua, Fanglin Chen, Yanhai Du, Angela Deibel, Tianmin He, "Molybdenum-based double perovskites A2CrMoO6-d (A = Ca, Sr, Ba) as anode materials for solid oxide fuel cells," ScienceDirect, 2018.
- Yanhai Du, Nader Hedayat, Dhruba Panthi, Hoda Ilkhani, Benjamin J. Emley, Theo Woodson, "Freeze-casting for the fabrication of solid oxide fuel cells: A review," Materialia, 2018.
- N. Hedayat, Yanhai Du, H. Ilkhani, “Review on Fabrication Techniques for Porous Electrodes of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells by Sacrificial Template Methods,” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2017.
- D. Panthi, B. Choi, Y. Du, A. Tsutsumi, “Lowering the co-sintering temperature of cathode–electrolyte bilayers for micro-tubular solid oxide fuel cells”, Ceramics International, 2017.
- K. Zhao, Yanhai Du, "Calcium-doped Ceria Materials for Anode of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Running on Methane Fuel," Journal of Power Sources, 2017, 347, pp 79-85.
- N. Hedayat, Yanhai Du, “Using Flixweed Seed as a Pore-former to Prepare Porous Ceramics,” Journal of Material Sciences & Engineering, 5:4, 1000255, 2016.
- K. Zhao, B.-H. Kim, Yanhai Du, Q. Xu, B.-G. Ahn, “Ceria Catalyst for Inert-Substrate-Supported Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Running on Methane Fuel,” Journal of Power Sources, 314, 10–17, 2016.
- K. Zhao, B.-H. Kim, Q. Xu, Yanhai Du, and B.-G. Ahna, “Redox Cycling Performance of Inert-Substrate-Supported Tubular Single Cells with Nickel Anode Current Collector,” Journal of Power Sources, 293, 336–342, 2015.
- K. Reifsnider, W. Chiu, K. Brinkman, Yanhai Du, A. Nakajo, F. Rabbi and Q. Liu, “Multiphysics Design and Development of Heterogeneous Functional Materials for Renewable Energy Devices: the HeteroFoaM Story,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 160 (4) F470-F481, 2013.
- Yanhai Du, D. Cui, K. Reifsnider and F. Chen, “Startup Characteristics of Propane-Fueled Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Hot Zones,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 159(6), B723-B728, 2012.
- Yanhai Du, D. Cui and K. Reifsnider, “Characterization of Propane-Fueled SOFC Portable Power Systems,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 15(5) B1-B5, 2012.