College Credit Plus COVID-19 Updates
Due to current response to COVID-19, Kent State University Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center are modifying our College Credit Plus (CCP) eligibility requirements and deadlines. The eligibility requirements are in line with the Ohio Department of Education and HB 197(2020).
- Intent to Participate Deadline Update: Turn this form into your school; Kent State University does not use this form, and it is solely meant for middle school and high school administrators
- Due by May 1, 2020, for Private/Homeschooled Students and Public School students
- Funding Application Deadline for Home/Private Schooled students: The deadline is now May 1.
- Kent State University Application Deadline Update: The Summer 2020 College Credit Plus application deadline for Kent State University is now May 1, 2020. The Fall 2020 College Credit Plus application deadline is June 1.
- This deadline is solely to submit an application. Kent State Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center will take documents through July 15, 2020. This includes transcripts, CCP permission form, and test scores (for students that have taken the ACT/SAT)
- Admission Eligibility: Due to the changes in ACT, SAT, and Accuplacer offerings, students can now qualify for CCP based upon their GPA.
- High school students must have a GPA 3.0, unweighted, cumulative GPA.
- For Middle School students, we will require a 3.0 GPA or better AND a B or better in the subject area they plan to take
- If a student does not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement but has ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer scores that meet the Ohio Department of Education remediation-free standards, the student will be admitted to Kent State Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center
- Orientation: New CCP Student Orientation will be delivered online through Zoom and Blackboard Collaborate. Newly admitted students should check their email regularly for updates.