Student Ambassador Program
About Student Ambassadors
The Kent State University Geauga and Regional Academic Center Student Ambassadors, launched in Fall 2019, foster pride in the campus community at both locations and provide students with real life leadership experience while assisting with admissions and recruitment activities. This scholarship-based program includes a mix of theory-based leadership practice as well as hands on learning.
Earn a Scholarship
Ambassadors is a scholarship program and acceptance into the program is selective. Students who successfully complete the requirements will receive a $125 gift card to Barnes and Noble at the end of each semester.
Qualifications and Time Commitment
- Ambassadors commit themselves to 15-20 hours per semester of service to the campus community. This includes mandatory leadership training sessions and your choice of admissions activities. Before applying, refer to the Important Dates section to see if this program will fit your schedule.
- New freshman students must have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher and returning KSU students must have a GPA of 2.8 or higher to be considered.
- In addition, ambassadors are expected to have a positive attitude, demonstrate leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline, enthusiasm, and possess a willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- Friday, September 6, 5:00 p.m. - Application Deadline
- Week of September 9-13 - Interviews and Selection Process
- Friday, September 20, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Ambassadors Orientation at the Geauga Campus in Burton
- Monday, September 30, Noon - 1:00 p.m. - Training Session #1 (at your campus)
- Monday, October 28, Noon - 1:00 p.m. - Training Session #2 (at your campus)
- Monday, November 18, Noon - 1:00 p.m. - Training Session #3 (at your campus)
How to Apply
- Complete this application and submit to the Student Services Office on or before Friday, September 6, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
- Submit one (1) letter of reference with your application from a teacher, mentor, coach, or employer to the Student Services Office in-person or by email by Friday, September 6.