Online Proctored Testing
The Office of Academic Services can provide test proctoring for online exams for students attending other Kent regional campuses. Students interested in taking the exam either at the Geauga Campus or Twinsburg Academic Center should complete the online form.
Geauga Campus in Burton
- Mondays at 1 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
- Thursday at 2 p.m.
Twinsburg Academic Center
- Tuesdays at 8 a.m.
- Wednesdays at 3 p.m.
- Fridays at 12 p.m.
Before making an appointment:
- Students must sign up for the online exam at least one business day in advance.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform the professor that you will be taking the online exam at the Geauga Campus or Twinsburg Academic Center.
- Make sure that your professor sends proctoring instructions and access to the online exam instructions as well as the password.
- Students are required to show a photo ID prior to taking an online exam. Students without a photo ID will not be allowed to take the exam.
- If you arrive 15 minutes late to the exam, you will not take the exam and will have to re-schedule another online testing opportunity, pending your professor’s approval. It will be your responsibility to meet with your professor to determine your eligibility for re-testing.
- Electronic devices, backpacks, purses, and books will not be allowed in the testing room.
- If you are permitted to use any exam assistance (such as a calculator, open notes, scratch paper, etc.), remind your professor to indicate such assistance on the exam or on the proctoring instructions, otherwise, you will not be allowed to use them.
- Online final exams during Finals Week will need to be scheduled at least five (5) days in advance.
All exams are monitored by trained staff and student proctors in the Office of Academic Services. If you have any questions, please contact Brandie Blankenship.
Faculty Notes for Online Proctoring
Non-KSU Student Online Proctoring
Students from other colleges and universities can have their online exams proctored at the Geauga Campus or Twinsburg Academic Center as well. A $25.00 fee will be charged to non-Kent State University students needing online test proctoring services for each exam. Professors or Test Administrators from other schools inquiring specific proctoring information should complete the Faculty Test-Proctoring Request Form here and email it to Geauga Testing.