Veteran Affairs & Benefits

Whether you postponed higher education to join the military or started and then put your education on hold to serve our country, you can be confident that Kent State is committed to helping you achieve academic success.

We strive to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the educational benefits to which you are entitled through the GI Bill® or any other established program and to make sure your transition to college is smooth.

Use the Veterans Intent to Enroll Form to use your veterans’ benefits for the current or upcoming semester.

Veterans Intent to Enroll Form

Veteran Resources

Veteran Mental Health Resources

Military Call-Up Guidelines

Procedures if you are called for Involuntary Active Duty

  • You must submit a copy of your mobilization order to the University Registrar’s Office at the Kent Campus. These can be faxed to 330-672-4836, or sent to the University Registrar’s Office at 122 Schwartz Center, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242-0001.
  • If you need to leave immediately, contact Kimberly Edge at 330-672-1627 and leave your name, Kent State ID number or social security number, reserve unit designation and location, name of unit aid and phone number, and whether or not you are enrolled in the Kent State ROTC.
  • Contact your professors.
  • Read the Military Call-Up Guidelines for details of your options addressing enrollment.

Veterans Campus Contact
Donna Holcomb
Financial Aid Coordinator
VA Certifying Official