Publications Since 2013
1. Curtis, A., Curtis, J.W., Porter, L.C., Jefferis, E., and Eric Shook (2016) Context and spatial nuance inside a neighborhood’s drug hotspot: implications for the crime-health nexus Annals of the Association of American Geographers DOI:10.1080/24694452.2016.1164582
2. Curtis A., Blackburn J.K., Smiley, S., Yen, M., Camilli, A., Alam, M. T., Ali, A., and J. G. Morris Jnr (2016) Mapping to support fine scale epidemiological cholera investigations: A case study of spatial video in Haiti International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 13(2) 187
3. Norris, A. Hachey, K., Curtis, A., & M. Bourdeaux. (2016) Crippling violence: conflict and incident polio in Afghanistan, PLOS ONE 13(2):187
4. Schuch, L., J.W. Curtis, A. Curtis, C. Hudson, H. Wuensch, M. Sampsell, M. Infantino, E. Wiles, and A.J. Davis. (2016) Breaking Out of Surveillance Silos: Integrative Geospatial Data Collection for Child Injury Risk & Active School Transport. Journal of Urban Health 93(1)36-52
5. Curtis, A., Ye, X., Hachey, K., Bourdeaux, M., & Norris, A. (2015). A space–time analysis of the WikiLeaks Afghan War Diary: a resource for analyzing the conflict-health nexus. International Journal of Health Geographics, 14(1), 29.
6. Kennedy, S. Wright, Andrew J. Curtis, and Jacqueline W. Curtis. (2015) Historic Disease Data as Epidemiological Resource: Searching for the Origin and Local Basic Reproduction Number of the 1878 Yellow Fever Epidemic in Memphis, Tennessee. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 105(5) 1-16
7. Curtis, Andrew, Jacqueline W. Curtis, Eric Shook, Steve Smith, Eric Jefferis, Lauren Porter, Laura Schuch, Chaz Felix, and Peter R. Kerndt (2015) Spatial video geonarratives and health: case studies in post-disaster recovery, crime, mosquito control and tuberculosis in the homeless. International Journal of Health Geographics 14.1 (2015): 22.
8. Antipova, A., and A. Curtis (2015) The post-disaster negative health legacy: pregnancy outcomes in Louisiana after Hurricane Andrew Disasters DOI: 10.1111/disa.12125
9. Husham AbdMunaf Atta and A. Curtis (2015) Using Spatial Video, Google Earth and Geographic Information Systems to Dynamically Monitor Built Environment Changes in a Challenging Environment: Baghdad, Iraq. Journal of Engineering 21(5): 115-130.
10. Burke, R. C., Cinderich, A.B., Prince, L, and A Curtis (2015) Utilizing Geographic Information Systems and Spatial Video to Analyze Patterns of Secondhand Smoke Exposure on College Campuses. Journal of American College Health 63(8) 574-578
11. Blackburn, J.K., Diamond, U., Kracalik, I.T., Widmer, J., Brown, W., Morrissey, B., Alexander, K.A., Curtis, A., Afsar, A., Morris, Jr., J.G. (2014) Household-level spatio-temporal patterns of cholera in Haiti 2011. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 20(9): 1516–1519. (GS ; IF 5.993)
12. Lue, E. Wilson J., and A. Curtis (2014) Conducting disaster damage assessments with Spatial Video, experts, and citizens Applied Geography Journal of Applied Geography 52: 46–54 (GS ; IF 2.779)
13. Rahman, M.K., Paul, B.K., Curtis, A, and T. W. Schmidlin (2014) Linking Coastal Disasters and Migration: A Case Study of Kutubdia, Bangladesh The Professional Geographer (GS ; IF 1.266)
14. Blackburn, J.K., Hadfield, T.L., Curtis, A., and M.E. Hugh-Jones (2014) Spatial and temporal associations between hematophagous flies and deer in west Texas during the summertime anthrax risk period. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 104(5): 939-958 (GS ; IF 2.17)
15. Curtis, A. Ye, X., Heob, E., Targhetta, Salvato, V., Reyna, M., Bueno Jnr R., and L. Holmes (2014) Spatial and Temporal Stability of fine scale West Nile Virus positive mosquito hotspots in and around the city of Houston for the period 2002 to 2011, Journal of Applied Geography (GS ; IF 2.779)
16. Curtis, J.W., Curtis, A., Mapes, J., Szell, A., and A. Cinderich (2014) Using Google Street View for Systematic Observation of the Built Environment: Analysis of Spatio-temporal Instability of Imagery Dates, International Journal of Health Geographics (GS 1; IF 2.2)
17. Mills, J.W., Shiau, E., Lowery, B., Sloane, D., Hennigan, K., and A. Curtis (2014) The Prospects and Problems of Integrating Sketch Maps with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to Understand Environmental Perception: A Case Study of Mapping Youth Fear in Los Angeles Gang Neighborhoods Environment and Planning B, Planning and Design 41 (2), 251-271
18. Curtis A., Blackburn J.K., Widmer, J.M., and J. G. Morris Jnr (2013) A ubiquitous method for street scale spatial data collection and analysis in challenging urban environments: mapping health risks using spatial video in Haiti International Journal of Health Geographics 12(1), 21(GS 1; IF2.2 )
19. Curtis A. and W. Fagan (2013) Capturing damage assessment with a spatial video: an example of a building and street scale analysis of tornado related mortality in Joplin, Missouri, 2011. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 103(6) 1522-1538 (GS 3; IF 2.17 )
- GIS and Health
- Medical Geography