I have conducted field work and museum work in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. I conduct research at the Kent Campus and teach introductory geology courses at the Kent State University Campus at Stark, in North Canton, Ohio.
I have concentrated on the areas of the taxonomy, systematics, and evolution of the fossil decapod crustaceans, the shrimp, lobsters, and crabs. I have worked particularly on the Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Eocene groups, but my work has spanned the full range of the decapod Crustacea. I have also worked on the paleobiogeography and paleoecology of these animals. I have worked on decapod faunas from North America, the Caribbean, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Asia and eastern Europe.
- Schweitzer, C. E., R. M. Feldmann, and H. Karasawa. 2020. Part R, Revised. Volume 1. Systematic descriptions: Superfamily Parthenopoidea. Treatise Online, 131
- Schweitzer, C. E., R. M. Feldmann, and H. Karasawa. 2020. Part R, Revised. Volume 1. Systematic descriptions: Superfamily Eriphioidea. Treatise Online, 132
- . Feldmann, R. M., C. E. Schweitzer, and J. Haggart. 2020. A new erymoid lobster (Decapoda: Glypheidea) from the Upper Cretaceous Nanaimo Group, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Journal of Crustacean Biology
- Clark, N. D. L., R. M. Feldmann, F. R. Schram, and C. E. Schweitzer. 2020. Redescription of Americlus rankini (Cyclida, Americlidae) and interpretation of its systematic placement, morphology, and paleoecology. Journal of Crustacean Biology
- Mychko, E. V., R. M. Feldmann, C. E. Schweitzer, and A. S. Alekseev. 2019. New genus of Cyclidae (Crustacea) from Lower Carboniferous (Viséan) of Russia and England ...Russia. Neues Jahrbuch für Geologie und Paläontologie Abhandlungen, 294:81-90.
- Feldmann, R. M., and C. E. Schweitzer. 2019. The oldest fossil axiid (Decapoda: Pleocyemata: Axiidea), from the Late Devonian (Famennian) Chagrin Shale Member of the Ohio Shale, USA. Journal of Crustacean Biology, 39: 724-728
- Feldmann, R. M., and C. E. Schweitzer. 2019. The enigmatic Cyclidae (Pancrustacea): morphological terminology and family-level classification. Journal of Crustacean Biology, 39: 617-633.
- Key, M., Jr., and C. E. Schweitzer. 2019. Coevolution of arthropod basibiont diversity and encrusting bryozoans epibiont diversity? Lethaia
- Schweitzer, C. E., R. M. Feldmann, G. Phillips and A. Armstrong. 2019. Cretaceous Decapoda (Crustacea) from Mississippi, USA. Neues Jahrbuch für Geologie und Paläontologie Abhandlungen, 293: 145-197
- Schweitzer, C. E., R. M. Feldmann, and M. M. Schinker. 2019. A new species of Cyclida (Multicrustacea; Halicynidae) from the Triassic of The Netherlands. Neues Jahrbuch für Geologie und Paläontologie Abhandlungen, 293:67-71
- Fellow, Paleontological Society, 2018
- President’s Faculty Excellence Award, Spring 2017
- Fellow, Geological Society of America, May 2016
- Outstanding Research and Scholarship Award, Kent State University, 2013
- AWG (Association of Women Geologists) Distinguished Lecturer, 2011-2015