Earth Systems Science
There are still a few spots remaining! Please contact Bridget Mulvey ASAP by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. You'll only need to answer a few questions by email to apply to the course.
Earth Systems Science is a course beginning in Summer 2016 and continuing into the 2016-2017 academic year. It is funded by the Ohio Board of Regents under its Improving Teacher Quality State Grants Program and by the interest and supplementary funds and services of local schools and Kent State University.
Earth Systems Science is designed to:
- be enjoyable, usable, and down-to-earth for the non-scientist and scientist alike
- enhance your understanding of earth systems science and how to teach it
- provide you with lesson ideas and $600 in free materials to teach your students effectively
- share activities that embrace the new science standards
- 5 hours of KSU graduate credit
- $600 in materials
- Summer 2016 (July 11-18)
- 2015-2016 School Year for five Saturdays (August 20, September 10, October 15, February 25, March 18)
Additional information is available in the course brochure.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch:
Dr. Bridget Mulvey
404 White Hall
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242