Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world. All are supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus and community friends.
Planning an event?
The International Student Event Fund (ISEF) is now available to international student organizations with a membership majority of international students for use in conducting activities and event.
Additional information about ISEF and its application process
Saturday, August 24: KSU Kickball Carnival. 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Recreation Fields (at the corner of Johnson Dr. & Loop Rd.) Celebrate the end of the first week of classes with kickball and carnival games on the recreation fields. Enjoy food trucks, jugglers, games, and outdoor movie and more with friends and family as you relax, unwind, and enjoy the first weekend of fall 2019. Sign up to play here.
Saturday, September 7: InterCle Welcoming Event, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Cleveland, OH. Connect with Global Cleveland, an organization that exists to connect international newcomers to Cleveland, OH and to social and economic opportunities within northeast Ohio. This free networking event offers a chance to connect with other members of the international community and to build bridges to help you launch your future career. Transportation will be provided
Thursday, September 12: Education Abroad Expo. 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m., KSC 2nd Floor Mezzanine.
Thursday, September 12: International Student Reception. 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.pm, Garden Room, University Library
- Friday, September 13: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, September 18: Cultural Café. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Friday, September 20: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., (Location TBD)
- Saturday, September 28: Apple Picking Trip. Stolters Orchard, more information to come
- Thursday, October 3: Sign & Dine. 1:30 p.m to 4:00 p.m., Office of Global Education Van Campen Hall. If you are leaving the country come get your travel signature and eat some snacks.
- Thursday, October 10: Glass Workshop. 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Larchmere Fire Works, Cleveland, Ohio
- Friday, October 18: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, October 23: Cultural Café. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC 310 C
- Friday, November 15: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., (Location TBD)
- Monday - Friday, November 18 through November 22: International Education Week
- Wednesday, November 20: Cultural Café. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Thursday, November 21: International Cook-Off. 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., KSC Ballroom
- Thursday, December 5: Sign & Dine. 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Office of Global Education Van Campen Hall. If you are leaving the country come get your travel signature and eat some snacks.
- Thursday, December 12: International Graduation Reception. 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., CPAE, this event is free
- Thursday, January 9: International Student Orientation, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Kent Student Center
- Monday - Friday, February 10 through February 14. I Heart Travel Week.
- Wednesday, February 12: Cultural Café. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Wednesday, March 18: Cultural Café: 4-5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Wednesday, April 15: Cultural Café: 4-5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony