Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world. All are supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus and community friends.
Planning an event?
The International Student Event Fund (ISEF) is now available to international student organizations with a membership majority of international students for use in conducting activities and event.
Additional information about ISEF and its application process
- Friday, February 22: Monsters' Hockey Game. Quicken Loans Arena, 5:00 pm (Game: 7:00 pm). The cost of tickets is $20-$30 and includes your ticket and transportation via motor coach to and from Quicken Loans Arena. Register here.
- Friday, March 1: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. Room 333, Library, 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Please register.
- Sunday, March 3: Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball Game. Quicken Loans Arena, 4:00 pm (Game: 6:00 pm). The cost of tickets is $55-$71 and includes your section 100 ticket and transportation to and from Quicken Loans Arena. Register here.
- Monday, March 13: Summer Fashion Academy. Registration opens at 12 pm noon, EST. Learn more here. This opportunity is for students 16-18 years old.
- Thursday, March 14: Sign & Dine. Office of Global Education, Van Campen Hall, International students planning to travel outside the United States during spring break need to obtain a travel signature prior to leaving the country. We invite you to plan ahead in requesting a travel signature. The best way to do this is to join us to connect, enjoy refreshments, and receive your travel signature all at once. We'll see you there! 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 19: Cultural Café. Kent Student Center Ballroom Balcony, Individuals from two different countries speak about their culture, environment, education, and food. The event is free and welcome to all, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Monday, March 25 to Sunday, March 31: Spring break. No classes, but university offices are open.
- Thursday, March 28 to Sunday, March 31: Washington D.C. trip. The cost of the trip is $360-$560 and includes transportation via motor coach, hotel, breakfast while in DC, and a guided bus tour of the National Monuments. Register here.
- Friday, April 5: Optional Practice Training (OPT) Workshop. Room 333, Library. 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Please register here.