Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world. All are supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus and community friends.
Planning an event?
The International Student Event Fund (ISEF) is now available to international student organizations with a membership majority of international students for use in conducting activities and event.
Additional information about ISEF and its application process
- Sunday, August 19: International Welcome Picnic. 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Celebrate the ending of orientation week, and the start of the new semeseter!
- Wednesday, August 22: Back to School Blast-Off.
- Thursday, August 23: Fall classes begin.
- Thursday, August 23: Late Night at the Library.
- Monday, September 3: Labor Day. No classes.
- Friday, September 7: Kent State Black Squirrel Festival.
- Wednesday, September 12: International Student Reception. 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Green Room, 1st floor Library. Free food, games, and fun for all international students, and their family and friends! More event information.
- Thursday, September 13: Education Abroad Expo. 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, 2nd Floor Mezzanine, KSC. The Education Abroad Expo – which is held each year during the fall semester – focuses on the needs of students and seeks to provide them with the necessary information to make an informed decision before embarking on a study abroad experience. More event information.
- Tuesday, September 18: Cultural Cafe.
- Friday, October 5: International Homecoming Celebration.
- Saturday, October 6: Kent State Homecoming.
- Thursday, October 11 through Friday, October 12: Fall Break. No classes.
- Tuesday, October 23: Cultural Cafe.
- Wednesday, October 31: Halloween.
- Monday, November 12: Veteran's Day (Celebrated). No classes.
- Monday, November 12 through Friday, November 16: International Education Week.
- Tuesday, November 13: Cultural Cafe.
- Thursday, November 15: International Cook-Off.