Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world. All are supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus and community friends.
Planning an event?
The International Student Event Fund (ISEF) is now available to international student organizations with a membership majority of international students for use in conducting activities and event.
Additional information about ISEF and its application process
- Tuesday, October 15: Little Stones Film Screening. 7:00 p.m., Kiva. The Zonta Club of Hudson is hosting a community screening of the award-winning documentary film Little Stones. Admission is free a Q&A with the award winning filmmaker, Sophia Kruz will follow. There will be a reception in the Schwebel Room on the 3rd floor of the KSC after.
- Friday, October 18: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., (Location TBD)
- Wednesday, October 23: Cultural Café. Learn more about Mauritius & U.S. Military Cultures. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC 310 A/B
- Wednesday, November 6: Let's Rock! 5:00 to 6:00 p.m., Garden Room Kent Library 1st floor. Learn strategies to be successful in college with a variety of interesting activities to experience. Free admission and food.
- Friday, November 15: Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop. 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., (Location TBD)
- Monday - Friday, November 18 through November 22: International Education Week. View a full list of events for International Education Week 2019.
- Wednesday, November 20: Cultural Café. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Thursday, November 21: International Cook-Off. 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., KSC Ballroom
- Thursday, December 5: Sign & Dine. 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Office of Global Education Van Campen Hall. If you are leaving the country come get your travel signature and eat some snacks.
- Thursday, December 12: International Graduation Reception. 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., CPAE, this event is free
- Thursday, January 9: International Student Orientation, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Kent Student Center
- Monday - Friday, February 10 through February 14. I Heart Travel Week.
- Wednesday, February 12: Cultural Café. 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Wednesday, March 18: Cultural Café: 4-5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony
- Wednesday, April 15: Cultural Café: 4-5:30 p.m., KSC Ballroom Balcony