You are eligible for CPT if:
- You are in valid F-1 status at the time of application and have been in full-time status on the same SEVIS record for 1 academic year preceding the CPT application.
- You abide by all rules surrounding full-time course registration while on CPT.
- You have NOT completed all of the coursework and requirements for your program
- The CPT experience is either
- satisfying a program requirement placed on ALL students, or
- optional, meaning you will register for coursework in your program of study in the concurrent semester to represent the CPT experience (example: an internship or independent study credit).