• A nonimmigrant in the United States may apply for an extension of stay or a change of status on this application, except as noted in the Who May Not File Form I-539 listed in the instructions found by clicking here.
  • This option is open if your spouse is an F-1 student (which we refer to as the "principal), or your spouse has changed to F-1 status from another nonimmigrant classification.