Eligibility B-2 Visitor

You must submit an application for change of status before your current authorized stay expires. Failure to file before the expiration date may be excused if you demonstrate when you file the application that:

  • the delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control;
  • the length of the delay was reasonable;
  • you have not otherwise violated your status;
  • you are still a bona fide nonimmigrant; and
  • you are not in removal proceedings