Join the Office of Global Education for Kent State OGE Day at Cedar Point on Saturday, June 23, 2018! Leaving the Kent campus at 8:30 a.m. and returning at midnight, it will be a day fully packed with adventure and fun.
Cedar Point is the world’s best destination for thrills. Located in Sandusky, Ohio, Cedar Point is home to 71 amazing rides, including 18 world-class roller coasters, like the signature Millennium Force giga-coaster. The 364-acre park offers over 150 rides, shows and attractions. Three kids’ areas, a mile-long beach and great restaurants also make Cedar Point the perfect family getaway. In 2018, Cedar Point introduces a really big thrill: the world-record-breaking Steel Vengeance – the first and only 205-foot-tall hyper-hybrid roller coaster on Earth.
This event is open to all Kent State University students, faculty, staff, and guests (affiliated with Kent State University). All ticket prices include an unlimited fountain beverages wrist band for the day of the event; meals are not provided. Please complete a separate transaction for each individual who is attending.
- Students assessed the ISA fee: $45.00
Includes ticket, beverage wristband, and transportation
- Students not assessed the ISA fee, faculty, staff, and guests: $78.00
Includes ticket, beverage wristband, and transportation (students and OGE/ESL staff only)
Optional Ticket Add-Ons:
The following items and services can be added onto the trip as enhancements, available for purchase through the OGE storefront:
- Add Cedar Point Shores Waterpark ticket (valid June 23 only): $15.00
- Guests planning on driving separately can pre-order parking pass for $12.50 (parking passes purchase at Cedar Point on the day of the event are $20 each). However, the deadline is Friday, June 15 to order the pre-order parking pass. You can pick-up your pre-ordered parking pass at the same time as your Cedar Point ticket at the Office of Global Education (Van Campen Hall) on Friday, June 22 (see note about ticket pick-up below).
- Any guest who wishes to add the Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus packages to their Cedar Point experience can do individually (or for their group) on Saturday, June 23. The cost for Fast Lane is $95.00 per person; the cost for Fast Lane Plus is $120.00 per person
Ticket Pick up
- Tickets ordered by 8:00 am on Thursday, June 21 will be distributed on the bus (if you are traveling with us) or will be available for pick up at the Office of Global Education (Van Campen Hall) Friday, June 22 if you will be driving separately.
- Tickets ordered after 8:00 am on Thursday,, June 21 will be available for pick up from the trip coordinator at Cedar Point on Saturday 6/23. Pick up location will be shared in your confirmation email on June 21.
The $45.00 group rate is available only to international students enrolled in at least one credit hour of coursework at Kent State University over the summer who have paid the International Student Activity fee. The cost to all other students is $78.00. These costs include an all-day beverage wrist band. Students should register through the OGE- KSU Students menu choice on the OGE Storefront. Faculty, staff, children, and friends are welcome to attend this event as guests; they should register through the OGE - Faculty & Staff menu choice in Storefront.
Transportation is guaranteed to the first 51 students who register for the event and indicate that they would like to ride the bus to Cedar Point. Transportation for faculty and staff may be available, but cannot be guaranteed. Children under the age of 18 and non-KSU affiliated guests cannot ride the bus to Cedar Point.
Following your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with additional trip instructions and information.
For questions and additional information, email email@example.com.